(1) 1If the analysis of a matter reported under section 43 is not yet complete, the German Financial Intelligence Unit may, upon request, provide the person concerned with details of the available information concerning them if this will not interfere with the purpose of the analysis. 2If it provides details to the person concerned, it redacts the personal data of the individual who filed the report under section 43 (1).
(2) 1If the analysis of a matter reported under section 43 is complete but has not been transmitted to the law enforcement agency, the German Financial Intelligence Unit may, at the request of the person concerned, provide details of the available information concerning them. 2It refuses to provide such details if this information becoming known would have negative effects on
- international relations,
- matters concerning the internal or external security of the Federal Republic of Germany,
- the conduct of another criminal investigation, or
- the conduct of ongoing judicial proceedings.
3When providing details, it redacts the personal data of the individual who has filed a report under section 43 (1) or complied with a demand for information from the German Financial Intelligence Unit. 4At the request of the person concerned, it may permit exceptions to sentence 3, if legitimate interests of the person concerned are overriding.
(3) 1The German Financial Intelligence Unit is no longer authorised to provide details to the person concerned once it has passed the matter in question on to the law enforcement agency. 2Once proceedings by the public prosecution office or the court have been completed, the German Financial Intelligence Unit is again authorised to provide details to the person concerned. 3In this case, subsection (2) applies, with the necessary modifications.
(4) If the person who has filed a report under section 43 (1) or reported such a matter internally to the obliged entity is employed by the obliged entity, this person may not suffer any discrimination in their employment relationship as a result of the report.
(5) 1Any person who suffers discrimination in connection with their employment relationship, contrary to the ban on discrimination in subsection (4), because of the submission of a report under section 43 (1) or because of an internal report of such a matter to the obliged entity, is entitled to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority under section 50. 2The complaint procedure does not affect recourse to the courts. 3The complainant is able to use the supervisory authority’s confidential information system under section 53 (1) sentence 2 to submit the complaint under sentence 1.