(1) A register (transparency register) is established to record and make available information about the beneficial owner.
(2) 1The transparency register is administered electronically as a sovereign function of the Federal Republic by the registrar entity. 2Data stored in the transparency register is organised as a chronological collection of data.
(3) 1When a notification under section 20 is incomplete or unclear or when it is doubtful which association under section 20 (1) the information on the beneficial owner contained in the notification is to be attributed to, the registrar entity may request the association named in the notification to transmit the information needed for an entry in the transparency register within an appropriate period. 2This applies, with the necessary modifications, to notifications by legal arrangements under section 21.
(3a) The registrar entity is entitled, on a case-by-case basis, to transmit to the authority under section 56 (5) sentence 2 the information and documents necessary for the authority to perform its functions as set out in section 56 (5) sentence 2.
(4) 1The registrar entity produces, on request, printouts of data stored in the transparency register and confirmations that there are no current entries in the transparency register due to a notification under section 20 (1) or section 21. 2On request, the registrar entity certifies that transmitted data corresponds to the contents of the transparency register. 3Certification does not guarantee that the information regarding the beneficial owner is accurate and complete. 4An application for a printout of data which is merely made accessible via the transparency register under section 22 (1) sentence 1 nos. 4 to 8 may also be transmitted to the court via the transparency register. 5This applies, with the necessary modifications, to the transmission to the operator of the company register of an application for a printout of data made accessible under section 22 (1) sentence 1 nos. 2 and 3.
(5) The registrar entity establishes an information security concept for the transparency register, from which the technical and organisational measures taken to protect data are derived.
(6) The Federal Ministry of Finance is authorised to regulate, by means of a statutory instrument not requiring the consent of the Bundesrat, the technical details of the establishment and administration of the transparency register, including the storage of historical datasets and compliance with rules on when the data stored in the transparency register has to be deleted.